Sunday, December 9, 2007

Coolest thing...

Last night before i got into bed i decided i was going to give this reading the bible thing another try...i have a really hard time not reading the bible like its a boring text book. So i pray and i said I'm sorry God i know you wrote this book but it can be really boring please help me to become more interested in your word. Because i know that i am more interested in it then i will have a closer relationship with You and be in a better position to help my friends....
So then i flipped open to a completely random page...Mark 12:13-17
"Later the leaders sent some Pharisees and
supporters of Herod to trap Jesus into saying
something for which he could be arrested.
"Teacher,"they said,"We know how honest
you are.You are impartial and don't play favorites.
You teach the way of God truthfully
Now tell us- is it right to pay taxes to Ceasar
or not? Should we pay them or shouldn't we?"
Jesus saw right through their hypocrisy and
said,"Why are you trying to trap me? Show
me a Roman coin, and I'll tell you." When
they handed it to him, he asked,"Whose picture
and title are stamped on it?"
"Caesar's" They replied.
"Well then," Jesus said,"give to Ceasar
what belongs to Ceasar, and give to God what
belongs to God.""
I thought that was sooooo funny! Jesus totally burned them! Obviously those coins belong to Ceasar because his face is on them! duh!!
But then later on as i thought about it, i realised that Jesus is also saying the we all belong to God because we are all created in his image, just as the coin is created in the image of ceasar....
As i continued to read into mark 13 a little bit i found that God showed me another verse that answered my prayer, about helping my friends... Mark 13:11
"Just say what God tells you to say at
the time, forit is not you who will
be speaking , but the holly spirit."
This was when Jesus was teaching about him coming again in the future, and how many Christians will be persecuted. I don't know about your bible but halfway through this passage in actually says (Reader pay attention) right in the middle of Jesus's teaching! not even kidding!

No comments: